Ice makers have become an essential device in today's kitchens. Ice machines are available in various sizes and colors to complement kitchens and other appliances. These machines help you create the flavor you want, often in less than 45 minutes to prepare.
Choosing your own ingredients gives you the opportunity to choose health options and control the ingredients and supplements used – especially useful for people with allergies. Homemade soft serve ice cream is a great way to increase your intake to 5 days if it's made with fresh fruit. This is fun, especially for kids who are usually too excited to offer suggestions for new flavors.
- Ice Cream Maker Size / Capacity – While many manufacturers have a capacity of 0.7L, there are some that can double that amount. You need to carefully consider what size will suit your needs.
- Cycle Time – Most products can freeze the ice cream mixture in 20 to 30 minutes. However, you should carefully review the product description for the expected time frame.
- Replacement Parts – Check to see if the manufacturer has replacement parts, especially additional paddles or freezer pans that might be suitable for spare.
- Extras – When choosing your product, check the product description to see if any additional items such as a watering jug, spatula, or recipe book are included. The recipe book that is specific to the model you are purchasing is very useful because it gives you a general guide to the amount of ingredients which you can then use to modify any other ice cream recipes you may have.
- Safety features – Further safety features such as non-slip feet and lockable covers can be found in the product description.