Today, here in this post we will give you step to step instructions for setting up the Netgear extender when router SSID is hidden. So let’s start:
Instructions for Setup Netgear Extender When Routers SSID Is Hidden
- Plug in your Netgear range extender into the power outlet, and wait until it turns completely ON.
- Make sure you place your extender and wifi router in same room.
- Launch any web browser like Google Chrome, Firebox, Internet Explorer or Safari within your device, whether it’s a computer or laptop.
- Make sure you have two browser installed in your computer or laptop. So, in case you get any issue due to web browser while setting up Netgear extender then you can easily to switch to another web browser.
- Type http www mywifiext net into the address bar of web browser and press ENTER, and wait until the new extender setup page will appear.
- On the Netgear genie setup page, just click on the wifi range extender option.
- In your existing wifi networks list, you will not be able to find your hidden SSID Network.
- Click on manually input wireless SSID and then press next.
- On the next setup, page enter your router SSID password and click next.
- The setup will ask again you to enter your SSID and password for your range extender network.
- Now, select the devices that you want to connect with your extender wifi network and tap continue.
- By following these simple steps, you can easily setup Netgear extender if the router’s SSID is hidden. Somehow, if the problem continues to exist, then feel free to get in touch with my WiFi Ext Fix experts.