There are two methods to configure the AC1200 range extender. One is through WPS and another one through the browser. Today we will discuss the latter one for the setup of the extender. Read all the steps carefully.
Steps to set up the range extender AC1200
- Connect the range extender to the power outlet and wait for the LED to turn green.
- Using the computer or tablet to connect to the Netgear Extender SSID. You can also use the wired computer to install the extender. For this, you need an Ethernet cable to connect between the computer and the extender.
- Once the device is connected, you will find the device LED will turn on to the solid green.
- Click on the Netgear AC1200 wifi range extender setup link.
- Complete the ‘Extender setup’ screen and press ‘Next’.
- Tap ‘Wi-Fi range extender’.
- Select the wireless network you would like to extend and click ‘Next’.
- Enter the password and tap ‘Next’.
- Enter the preferred network name and the security settings.
- Click ‘Next’. If you want to use a different key for your extender, then select the preferred security type.
- Click the extender to the wireless device and press ‘Continue’.
- Your device is now configured as a wireless range extender. Click to go to the registration part.
- Tap ‘Finish’ after completing the registration. If you want, you can skip the registration for a while.
This is how you can perform the setup via Genie setup assistant. If you want to use the WPS key method for configuring the range extender on the existing network, then the steps are different which we have discussed in the blog post separately. If you find any problem in configuring the extender using the installation assistant, then get in touch with the experts available 24×7. You need to simply enter your query in the form, rest our team will guide you in fixing the problem.